Our mornings often set the tone for the rest of the day, so we’ve rounded up the classes you need to start the day with a little positivity, self-belief, and gratitude. These feel-good morning meditations are all under 10 minutes, designed to help you frame the day with optimism, joy, and self-love.
The Science Behind Gratitude
A morning gratitude practice is shown to have a wide array of benefits for our mental and emotional well-being. Gratitude can:
1. Cultivate an optimistic outlook: studies have shown a regular gratitude practice can help you feel more positive about life and enjoy greater life satisfaction.
2. Improve your mood: not only is gratitude linked to a greater sense of fulfilment in life, but it’s also been shown to improve your mood.
3. Reduce stress: a regular gratitude practise has been shown to better help people cope with stress
4. Support the immune system: lowering stress (which a regular gratitude practice has been shown to do) supports better immune function, helping you fight off illnesses.
5. Increase positive emotions: studies have also shown activating the region in the brain associated with the processing of positive emotions, helps:
6. Improves mental health: boosting your mood and reducing symptoms of depression and anxiety. One study published in the journal "Emotion" found that writing down three things for which participants were grateful every day for two weeks led to significant improvements in mood.